NAPLAN is an annual test that tests various skills of the children in grades 3, 5, 7 and 9 only. These tests are quite different than that of the regular term papers. NAPLAN tests your kids on the basic levels of skills and not simply on the theoretical level. This literacy and numeracy test tests are writing, reading, numeracy and language conventions of the students.
The best ways to prepare for NAPLAN Tests
It is natural for the parent or the guardian of the student to feel worried about their kids and their performance regarding NAPLAN tests. Here are some tips and ways to help you prepare your child for these exams:
- Regular Study Time: NAPLAN is not a test that can be cracked overnight. These tests are based on skill-testing, which is why these exams and tests are of a completely different level. A student will need to continuously and gradually improve every day to improve their NAPLAN test scores. Time for studying every day, even if it is a short time, should be allocated. Help your child create a schedule and help them to stick to the same schedule.
- Regular Reading: NAPLAN is not a hard test to crack per se. However, your child needs to understand the basics of the English language first. And there is no better way of fixing your child’s literacy problems than helping them read. Allow your child to read whatever, whenever. This is will help your kids to understand the English Language better and help them perform better. Remember to stress on the basics first.
- Concepts are More Important: Rather than helping your child to mug up certain things, help them understand everything on a conceptual This will not only help your kid in the NAPLAN tests but will also help them in their future endeavors. Help your children and students question everything down to the very concepts and help them understand these concepts for a clearer understanding. Conceptual understanding will help the kids to retain the concept for years.
- Practice: Practice is the only thing that matters here. You need to make sure that your child practices everything before appearing for the test. Daily practices are helpful. And for mathematical questions, help your child understand the problems and help them create a time to practice such problems. Mathematics demands regular practice. Always give your child some practice questions to keep them in regular practice.
- Practice Tests: Students are more likely to become nervous during the tests if they do not practice beforehand. To help your child fight the nervousness of the NAPLAN tests, help your child by providing the NAPLAN practice test papers to your child. This will help your child understand the concept of time and other important factors that the test will constitute of.
NAPLAN practice test will help your child immensely. You can find these test papers online, or you can even create one of your own to help your child.