The demand for pursuing a career in the banking sector is increasing day by day. Job aspirants are willing to take up jobs in the banking sector, and one such is IBPS RRB examination. The pattern of examination is changing every year along with its competitiveness. Before you start preparing for the same, you should know about every detail of the same. This shall help you to plan for the preparation strategically. Starting from the exam pattern, syllabus and the possible dates, everything should be at your fingertips. To know more about IBPS RRB exam and other competitive examinations as well, you can browse through any of the online exam portal websites to get the information. You can opt for any posts according to your eligibility.
Things to know before applying for the post
- 1. Posts to apply – It is important for the students to know that cannot appear for all posts under IBPS RRB Also, they can opt for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I and IBPS RRB Office Assistants at the same time. But on the contrary, they are not able to apply for all Officers Scale posts. Under the officer cadre, candidates can appear for one post. For other scales, the candidates should have additional experience.
- Age limit – The lower limit of age for appearing in this examination is 18 years. In addition to this, there is a different age limit for different posts. For the multipurpose or office assistance post, the age limit is from 18 years to 28 years. The age limit that is mentioned in the website is only applicable under the generalcandidates. In case of the OBC or other categories, relaxation in age is permissible.
- Exam pattern – Regarding the exam pattern, the preliminary exam consists of three sections including reasoning, aptitude and English language.The same continues with the tier 2 exam with an addition of descriptive type questions. The computer awareness and general awareness is included in the tier 2 examinations.
- Marks distribution – Unfortunately, there will be a penalty for wrong answers and for every four wrong questions, one marks would be deducted. In addition, if you leave any question unanswered, no penalty would be added for it. Unlike IBPS RRB, you have to secure the passing marks separately for each part for other exams.
- Pay scale –Apart from knowing about the fees of the examination, you should also know about the pay scale of different categories. For Officer Scale I posts, it is around rupees 29,000 per month. For the scale II officer, it is around rupees 39300 approximately, and eventually, the package tends to rise with the increase in scale. The low paid post among all is the office assistant similar to the clerical unit in other nationalized banks with an initial pay package of rupees 16250. Also, the training period varies according to the posts.
Additional things to know about the examination
- It is necessary for the students to keno that the examinations are conducted online.
- The students should also be aware of the steps of how to apply for the examination.
- You also need to know about how to make the necessary changes in any application form.
- While making the payment during the application procedure, select the payment that you find convenient. In this respect, try to carry out the application process using the correct version of the web browser to avoid any obstacle in the middle.