Portsmouth is the only city in England that can call itself an island. The naval city has excellent road and rail links and 10 percent of its 209,000 population are made up of students studying at the University of Portsmouth. There are many annexes to the university and with such a high amount of students in the city, there is plenty of choice for accommodation.
Studio apartments are available in plentiful supply in Portsmouth. In fact, the stylish living quarters are very close to the university buildings. Finding student accommodation in the south coast city of Portsmouth, should not be a daunting process.
Accommodation for young people seeking further education and a university degree, has come a long way from the days when student life was a bit rough and untidy.
The studio apartments are innovative in design, spacious throughout, comfortable and provide ample space for storage. The stylish apartments are fully equipped with a creative and safe environment in which to study and live in.
What Does the Rental Cost Cover?
Billing is simple. One payment will cover all the amenities. There are no unexpected bills or added on extras. Wi-Fi comes readily provided and watching television is free with no licence fee necessary up front.
In fact, students need not worry about the bills for water, heating, electricity, gas or housing insurance.
Portsmouth-based students who are in a relationship, can find double rooms to share with a best friend or partner. At University Life, costs can be shared between you and a friend or partner, should you wish to share an apartment. Moreover, the other partner does not necessarily have to be a fellow student. There is a small couples’ supplement to pay for renting the double room student apartments.
Amenities and Facilities Available
- Free Netflix in your own studio apartment
- External CCTV for security and internally throughout the shared spaces
- Digital Television. All studio apartments have a brand new SMART TV for entertainment.
- Contents Insurance. Everything inside your room is automatically covered against fire, theft or flooding. The cover limit is £6,000.
- Super, ultra-fast Wi-Fi throughout the complex. Always on and connected in the shared spaces and studio apartments.
- Free laundry credits. Each apartment block has a laundry room requiring tokens to wash and dry clothing.
University Life has never been this modern and luxurious. Stylish apartments can be found in Portsmouth at UniLife. The Portsmouth apartments are based at Middle Street, St. James’ Street and Earlsdon Street.